- Turn the power off on your phone. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it.
- Hold the Volume Down key.
- Press and release the Power button.
- A menu will now pop up giving you the options of Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage &, Simlock.
- Using the Volume Up and Volume Down keys scroll to down to Clear Storage.
- Press and release the Power button to confirm your selection.
- Another menu will appear asking you to confirm you want to Delete all user data. Press the Volume Up key for Yes and Volume Down key for No.
- Your phone will complete the process and restart being restored to its factory settings.