This guide shows you how to perform a hard reset on a Motorola Droid Bionic. By doing this hard reset, you will clear all data from your phone and return your Droid Bionic back it to its factory settings.
1. Power off the phone
2. Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys, then press the Power Button while powering up the unit.
3. A screen will come up with “Fastboot” at the top of the screen, press the Volume Down key to scroll through the choices until you get to ”Android Recovery”, then press the Volume Up key to go into this mode.
4. Wait for the Triangle ! / Android alert screen to pop up.
5. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Now you will be brought to a Recovery Menu.
6. Hit the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset, Press the Power Key to confirm selection.
7. Now you will be brought to another confirmation screen. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to ”Yes“, Hit the Power Key to confirm selection.
8. All userdata will be cleared and you will be brought to a menu with the “reboot system now” option. Press the Power Key to confirm your selection.
Your Motorola Droid Bionic will now reboot and bring you to the intial setup screen. Returned to its fatory settings.