This guide shows you how to hard reset, or factory data reset, your T-mobile HTC Mytouch 3g. This process will wipe the entire device of any media, apps, and essentially makes it the way it was when you first bought it. If you have a SIM card installed you can remove it, but this factory wipe shouldn’t effect it in anyway.
If you can get into your phone just fine you can use this method.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch and slide the menu upward.
- Touch SD card & phone storage.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Touch Reset phone.
- Touch Erase everything.
- The device will dump all of the data and reload.
Key Stroke Method
If you somehow forgot your devices password or you got this device from a friend and can’t reach them to reset it for yourself, this method is for you.
- Power the device OFF. Note: If the device is unresponsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and then re-insert it.
- Press and hold the Home key and the red End key for 30 seconds. Do not release the keys if the Startup screen appears.
- When the screen displays a warning sign, release the keys.
- Press the Home key and the Power key again.
- When the Android system recovery utility appears, use the trackball to scroll to and select Wipe data/factory reset.
- When the reset is complete, select reboot system now
You can purchase the HTC Mytouch 3G for T-Mobile here!